Latest GB Voting Intention (8 October 2023)

October 9, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 16%, two points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 1 October in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (–)
Conservative 27% (-2)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+1)
Reform UK 8% (+1)
Green 6% (+2)
Scottish National Party 1% (-2)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 14%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 2% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 57% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

57% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (52%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (26%), and housing (21%).

33% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 19% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -16%, down six points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 46% (+5) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, up three points from last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+1), while 28% disapprove (-2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, down two points from last Sunday. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+2), and 24% approve (–). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (32%, –) by ten points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research