Latest GB Voting Intention (7 April 2024)

April 8, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 23%, one point less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

The Conservatives’ vote share in this poll (21%) equals their lowest ever in our polling since Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister. The party previously reached 21% on three occasions: 17 March,  11 February, and on 23 October 2022, in our final poll with Liz Truss as Prime Minister.

At 15%, Reform UK achieve their highest vote share in our polling to date.

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 31 March in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (-2)
Conservative 21% (-1)
Reform UK 15% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (–)
Green 6% (+1)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 20%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 11% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 84% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again.

Only 44% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again. 21% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK, 18% would vote for Labour, and 5% would vote for other parties.

57% of respondents believe a Labour Party government will be the result of the next General Election. 23%, meanwhile, believe there will be a Conservative Party government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -32% (+1) this week. Altogether, 17% (-1) find the Government competent, while 49% (-2) find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -20%, up one point from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 25% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 45% (-2) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, down one point from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-1), while 28% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, down four points from our previous poll. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+2) and 24% approve (-2).

And finally, Keir Starmer (44%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (29%, –) by 15 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research