Latest GB Voting Intention (6 November 2022)

November 7, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 21%, four points higher as in our most recent poll on Thursday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 2-3 November in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 48% (+1)
Conservative 27% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 10% (-2)
Reform UK 5% (+1)
Green 4% (+1)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 17%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 16% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 19% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 8% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 85% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while just 50% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

68% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (25%), and taxation (23%).

A plurality (43%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. Just 13% expect a Conservative Party majority, the lowest figure to say they expect that outcome that we’ve recorded. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government, and 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -33% this week, up one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 16% find the Government competent (+1), and 49% find the Government incompetent (–).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of +8%, down five points from our poll last Thursday. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (-1), against 24% disapproving (+4). 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +13%, down five points from Thursday last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-2), while 25% disapprove (+3).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -2%, unchanged since Thursday last week. Overall, 25% approve of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-2), and 27% disapprove (-2).

And finally, Rishi Sunak (39%, -4) leads Keir Starmer (37%, –) by two points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research