Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, three points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 30 July in parentheses) are as follows:
Labour 45% (+2)
Conservative 27% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (-1)
Reform UK 8% (+1)
Green 6% (+1)
Scottish National Party 3% (-1)
Other 1% (-2)
When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 15% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 18% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour.
Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 54% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.
57% of British voters cite healthcare as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of the economy (56%). Respondents also select immigration (32%), the environment (23%), and education (21%).
33% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 15% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 15% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government.
The Government’s net competency rating stands at -30% this week, down four points from last Sunday. Altogether, 19% find the Government competent (-3), while 49% find the Government incompetent (+1).
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -16%, down two points from our poll last Sunday, and the joint-lowest net approval rating he has held since 26 February. Yesterday’s poll finds 28% approving of his overall job performance (-2) against 44% (–) disapproving.
Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, down one point from last week, and the lowest net approval rating he has held since 21 May (when it was +4%). 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 31% disapprove (+1).
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -14%, also down one point from last Sunday. Overall, 37% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+3), and 23% approve (+2).
And finally, Keir Starmer (38%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (33%, +2) by five points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.