Latest GB Voting Intention (5 November 2023)

November 6, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 17%, three points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 29 October in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 45% (–)
Conservative 28% (+3)
Liberal Democrat 11% (-2)
Reform UK 9% (+2)
Green 4% (-2)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 13% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 85% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 56% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (58%). Respondents also select immigration (31%), education (25%), and housing (21%).

38% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 14% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -16%, down two points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 46% (+1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, unchanged from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 29% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -14%, up one point from his previous rating three weeks ago. Overall, 37% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-3), and 23% approve (-2). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, +1) by 11 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research