Latest GB Voting Intention (5 March 2023)

March 6, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 26%, one point less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 26 February in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 50% (-1)
Conservative 24% (–)
Liberal Democrat 9% (–)
Reform UK 7% (–)
Green 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 22%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 14% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 15% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 87% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 51% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

62% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (28%), education (23%), housing (19%), taxation (19%), and the environment (19%).

A plurality (40%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -27% this week, up seven points from last Saturday. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent (+4), and 47% find the Government incompetent (-3).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -9%, up eight points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (+5) against 39% (-3) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, down four points from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 28% disapprove (+4).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -10%, up six points since last Sunday. Overall, 32% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-3), and 22% approve (+3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (35%, +3) by six points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research