Latest GB Voting Intention (4 June 2023)

June 5, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 14%, one point less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 28 May in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 44% (+1)
Conservative 30% (+2)
Liberal Democrat 12% (–)
Green 5% (-2)
Reform UK 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (-2)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 12%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 13% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 88% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 60% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (54%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (24%), and housing (21%).

36% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 18% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -23% this week, down one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 23% find the Government competent (-1), and 46% find the Government incompetent (–).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -9%, up five points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 33% approving of his overall job performance (+3) against 42% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, up one point from last week. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+3), while 31% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, up two points since last Sunday. Overall, 39% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+2), and 28% approve (+4). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (37%, +3) by five points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research