Latest GB Voting Intention (4 December 2022)

December 5, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 22%, two points more than in our most recent poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 27 November in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 48% (+1)
Conservative 26% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (-1)
Green 6% (+1)
Reform UK 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 14% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 19% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 52% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

65% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (58%). Respondents also select immigration (26%), education (24%), and the taxation (20%).

A plurality (41%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. Just 15% expect a Conservative Party majority. A further 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government, and 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -28% this week, down six points from last Sunday. Altogether, 18% find the Government competent (-4), and 46% find the Government incompetent (+2).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -3%, down three points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (-3) against 33% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +11%, down two points from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-2), while 26% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -14%, down seven points since last Sunday. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1), and 21% approve (-6). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (40%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (36%, -1) by four points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research