Latest GB Voting Intention (31 March 2024)

April 1, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 24%, four points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 24 March in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 46% (+4)
Conservative 22% (–)
Reform UK 14% (–)
Liberal Democrat 10% (-2)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 3% (+1)
Other 2% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 21%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 15% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 13% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 10% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 79% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again.

Only 42% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative againthe lowest percentage we’ve recorded since Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister, and just five points higher than the lowest percentage (37%) we’ve ever recorded (16 October 2022).

In fact, more 2019 Conservative voters say they would vote for a different party this time (21% for Reform UK, 20% for Labour, and 5% for other parties; 46% in total) than say they would vote Conservative again.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -33% (+3) this week. Altogether, 18% (+2) find the Government competent, while 51% (-1) find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -21%, up four points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 47% (-4) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, also up four points from last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+2), while 28% disapprove (-2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, up one point from our previous poll. Overall, 33% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-1) and 26% approve (–).

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +2) leads Rishi Sunak (29%, -1) by 14 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research