Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 17%, two points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 23 April in parentheses) are as follows:
Labour 45% (+1)
Conservative 28% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 12% (+1)
Reform UK 7% (+1)
Green 4% (-1)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (–)
When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 16%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 10% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 9% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour.
Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 58% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.
61% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (29%), education (26%), taxation (19%), housing (18%), and policing/crime (18%).
35% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% would expect a Labour-led minority Government. 20% would expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 14% would expect a Conservative-led minority Government.
The Government’s net competency rating stands at -23% this week, eight points up from last Sunday. Altogether, 24% find the Government competent (+6), and 47% find the Government incompetent (-2).
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -5%, up one point from our poll last Sunday, and the highest net approval rating he has held since 3 January. Yesterday’s poll finds 35% approving of his overall job performance (+2) against 40% (+1) disapproving.
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -9%, down one point since last Sunday. Overall, 36% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+4), and 27% approve (+3).
Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, up five points from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+5), while 29% disapprove (–).
And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, +3) leads Rishi Sunak (37%, +3) by four points on the question of who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.