Latest GB Voting Intention (3 September 2023)

September 4, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 16%, unchanged from last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 27 August in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (–)
Conservative 28% (–)
Liberal Democrat 14% (+2)
Reform UK 6% (-1)
Green 4% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (-2)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 14%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 10% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 61% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

54% of British voters cite healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of the economy (52%). Respondents also select education (31%), immigration (28%), and the environment (21%).

32% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 26% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -21% this week, up two points from last Sunday. Altogether, 23% find the Government competent (+1), while 44% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -12%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 43% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +15%, up three points from last week, and the highest net approval rating he has held since November 2022. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-1), while 25% disapprove (-4).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, up one point from last Sunday. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (–), and 26% approve (+1). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (46%, +2) leads Rishi Sunak (29%, -5) by 17 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment, tying the largest lead he has ever held over Sunak on this question.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research