Latest GB Voting Intention (3 March 2024)

March 4, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, unchanged from our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 25 February in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (–)
Conservative 23% (–)
Reform UK 13% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (–)
Green 6% (-2)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 11% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 5% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 80% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 48% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again

21% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow—a record high in our polling—while 15% would vote for Labour.

59% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (35%), housing (23%), and education (21%).

44% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. Only 13% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -32% this week. Altogether, 18% find the Government competent (+1), while 50% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -22%, up four points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 48% (-4) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +2%, unchanged from last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+1), while 34% disapprove (+1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -10%, up two points from our previous poll. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-1) and 24% approve (+1).

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, -1) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, +2) by 10 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment. 

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research