Latest GB Voting Intention (3 December 2023)

December 4, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 16%, four points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 26 November in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 42% (-3)
Conservative 26% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 12% (+1)
Reform UK 10% (–)
Green 6% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 0% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 14%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

55% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again, a figure that has consistently been below 60% since the beginning of September.

For context, the Conservatives recorded their worst percentages among their 2019 voters on 16 October 2022 (37%) and 19 October 2022 (38%) in the week leading up to Liz Truss’ resignation from her position as Prime Minister.

59% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (54%). Respondents also select immigration (33%), education (21%), and housing (20%).

40% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -27% this week, unchanged from last week. Altogether, 21% find the Government competent (–), while 48% find the Government incompetent (–).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (+3) against 46% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +7%, down one point from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 32% disapprove (+1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, down three points from last week. Overall, 39% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+5) and 28% approve (+2). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, -1) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, –) by eleven points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research