Latest GB Voting Intention (29 October 2023)

October 30, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, two points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 22 October in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 45% (+1)
Conservative 25% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 13% (–)
Reform UK 7% (-1)
Green 6% (+2)
Scottish National Party 3% (+1)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 85% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 54% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (55%). Respondents also select immigration (32%), education (26%), and the environment (22%).

42% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 16% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -26% this week, unchanged from two weeks ago. Altogether, 22% find the Government competent (–), while 48% find the Government incompetent (–).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, unchanged from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 45% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, down one point from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 29% disapprove (+1).

And finally, Keir Starmer (44%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (30%, -1) by 14 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research