Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 15%, three points higher than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 21 May in parentheses) are as follows:
Labour 43% (+1)
Conservative 28% (-2)
Liberal Democrat 12% (-2)
Green 7% (+3)
Reform UK 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (-1)
Other 3% (+1)
When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 13%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour.
Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 57% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.
60% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (28%) and education (26%).
31% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 15% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 18% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government.
The Government’s net competency rating stands at -22% this week, up three points from last Sunday. Altogether, 24% find the Government competent (+3), and 46% find the Government incompetent (–).
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, down three points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 44% (+3) disapproving.
Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +8%, up four points from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+1), while 29% disapprove (-3).
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -13%, the same as last week. Overall, 37% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1), and 24% approve (+1).
And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, +4) leads Rishi Sunak (34%, –) by eight points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.