Latest GB Voting Intention (28 April 2024)

April 29, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 23%, unchanged from our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 21 April in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 45% (+2)
Conservative 22% (+2)
Reform UK 14% (–)
Liberal Democrat 9% (-3)
Green 6% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 21%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 9% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 6% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 1% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again.

Only 45% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again. 23% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK, 19% would vote for Labour, and 7% would vote for other parties.

58% of respondents believe a Labour Party government will be the result of the next General Election, the joint-highest figure ever in our polling on this question. 23%, meanwhile, believe there will be a Conservative Party government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -28% (+6) this week. Altogether, 20% (+2) find the Government competent, while 48% (-4) find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -20%, up four points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 46% (-3) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, down two points from last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 30% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, up one point from our previous poll. Overall, 33% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1) and 25% approve (+2).

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (28%, –) by 14 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research