Latest GB Voting Intention (27 November 2022)

November 28, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, one point less than in our most recent poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 20 November in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 47% (-2)
Conservative 27% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 11% (+2)
Reform UK 5% (–)
Green 5% (+1)
Scottish National Party 3% (-1)
Other 1% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 15% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 56% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

62% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (52%). Respondents also select immigration (28%), education (22%), and the environment (20%).

A plurality (40%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. Just 19% expect a Conservative Party majority. A further 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government, and 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -22% this week, up one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 22% find the Government competent (+2), and 44% find the Government incompetent (+1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of 0%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 33% approving of his overall job performance (+2) against the same number (33%, -1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +13%, up four points from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+3), while 26% disapprove (-1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, up three points since last Sunday. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-3), and 27% approve (–). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (37%, -1) by five points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment, his largest lead since Sunak became Prime Minister.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research