Latest GB Voting Intention (27 August 2023)

August 28, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 16%, up 1% from last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 20 August in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (+2)
Conservative 28% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 12% (-1)
Reform UK 7% (–)
Green 4% (-2)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 3% (+2)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 10% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 10% of those who voted Conservative and 3% of those who voted Labour at the last election.

56% of British voters cite healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of the economy (52%). Respondents also select immigration (33%), education (29%), and housing (22%).

36% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 21% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -23% this week. Altogether, 22% find the Government competent, while 45% find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -15%. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance against 45% disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +12%. 41% approve of Starmer’s job performance, while 29% disapprove.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -9%. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor, and 25% approve. 

And finally, Keir Starmer (44%) leads Rishi Sunak (34%) by ten points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research