Latest GB Voting Intention (26 November 2023)

November 27, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, one point more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 19 November in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 45% (+2)
Conservative 25% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 11% (-3)
Reform UK 10% (+3)
Green 6% (+1)
Scottish National Party 3% (-1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 17%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 84% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 51% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

59% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (52%). Respondents also select immigration (33%), education (24%), and housing (20%).

39% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 12% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 18% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 9% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -27% this week, up three points from last week. Altogether, 21% find the Government competent (–), while 48% find the Government incompetent (-3).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -17%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 29% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 46% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +8%, down three points from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-1), while 31% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, unchanged from last week. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (–) and 26% approve (–). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, +3) by twelve points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research