Latest GB Voting Intention (26 March 2023)

March 27, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 19%, two points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week, and the first time this year that Labour has led by less than 20%. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 19 March in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 46% (-1)
Conservative 27% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (-1)
Reform UK 8% (+3)
Green 4% (-2)
Scottish National Party 3% (-1)
Other 2% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 16%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 11% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 88% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 57% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (59%). Respondents also select immigration (31%), education (28%), housing (18%), and the environment (18%).

A plurality (38%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -25% this week, up one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent (-1), and 45% find the Government incompetent (-2).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -8%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (+2) against 40% (-1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +3%, down eight points from last week and the lowest net approval rating he has recorded since 25 September. 33% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-5), while 30% disapprove (+3).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, up seven points since last Sunday. Overall, 33% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-5), and 25% approve (+2). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (39%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (36%, +2) by three points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research