Latest GB Voting Intention (25 June 2023)

June 26, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, two points down from our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 18 June in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 44% (-2)
Conservative 26% (–)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+1)
Reform UK 6% (-1)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 3% (+2)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 14% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 16% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 85% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 53% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (56%). Respondents also select immigration (27%), education (26%), and housing (22%).

38% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 20% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -28% this week, up two points from last Sunday. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent (+1), while 48% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -11%, two points down from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (+2) against 43% (+4) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, down three points from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-1), while 28% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -10%, up one point from last Sunday. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1), and 25% approve (+2). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (40%, -1) leads Rishi Sunak (33%, –) by seven points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research