Latest GB Voting Intention (25 February 2024)

February 26, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, three points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 18 February in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (-3)
Conservative 23% (–)
Reform UK 12% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 10% (+1)
Green 8% (+2)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 17%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 15% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 82% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 47% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again. 18% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow, while 16% would vote for Labour.

58% of British voters cite the economy and healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election. Respondents also select immigration (32%), education (24%), and housing (24%).

44% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. Only 14% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 9% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 


The Government’s net competency rating stands at -34% this week. Altogether, 17% find the Government competent (+1), while 51% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -26%, down one point from last week’s poll, and the lowest approval rating Sunak has ever recorded in our polling as either Prime Minister or Chancellor of the Exchequer

This week’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 52% (+1) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +2%, down seven points from last week, and the lowest approval rating he has recorded since 14 May 2023 (when it was also +2%). 

35% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-4), while 33% disapprove (+3).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -12%, down one point from our previous poll. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (–) and 23% approve (-1).

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (29%, +1) by 13 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment. 

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research