Latest GB Voting Intention (24 September 2023)

September 25, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 15%, three points less than last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 17 September in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (-1)
Conservative 28% (+2)
Liberal Democrat 13% (-1)
Reform UK 8% (+2)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 13%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 10% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 88% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 59% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

61% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (55%). Respondents also select education (30%), immigration (28%), and the environment (18%).

37% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 19% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -19% this week, up twelve points from last Sunday. Altogether, 26% find the Government competent (+7), while 45% find the Government incompetent (-5).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, up seven points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (+7) against 46% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, up one point from last week. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+4), while 31% disapprove (+3).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -9%, up four points from last Sunday. Overall, 37% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+2), and 28% approve (+6). 

 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (34%, +3) by nine points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research