Latest GB Voting Intention (24 March 2024)

March 25, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, six points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 17 March in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 42% (-5)
Conservative 22% (+1)
Reform UK 14% (–)
Liberal Democrat 12% (+4)
Green 6% (–)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 19%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 8% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 5% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 82% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again.

Only 44% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again—the joint-lowest percentage we’ve recorded since Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister, and just seven points higher than the lowest percentage (37%) we’ve ever recorded (16 October 2022).

22% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow—a new record high in our polling—while 20% would vote for Labour.

56% of respondents believe a Labour Party government will be the result of the next General Election. 25%, meanwhile, believe there will be a Conservative Party government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -36% (-2) this week. Altogether, 16% (-1) find the Government competent, while 52% (+1) find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -25%, down two points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 51% (+3) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, also down two points from last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 30% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, up three points from our previous poll. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (–) and 26% approve (+3).

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (30%, +2) by 11 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research