Latest GB Voting Intention (22 October 2023)

October 23, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, four points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 15 October in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (+1)
Conservative 26% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 13% (-1)
Reform UK 8% (+1)
Green 4% (–)
Scottish National Party 2% (+1)
Other 1% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 16%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 9% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 87% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 58% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

58% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (48%). Respondents also select immigration (32%), education (26%), and housing (19%).

39% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 12% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 20% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, down one point from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 45% (+1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +11%, up five points from last week. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+5), while 28% disapprove (–).

And finally, Keir Starmer (44%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, -1) by 13 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research