Latest GB Voting Intention (20 November 2022)

November 21, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 21%, unchanged from our most recent poll released on Thursday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 16-17 November in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 49% (+1)
Conservative 28% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
Reform UK 5% (–)
Green 4% (–)
Scottish National Party 4% (-1)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 15% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 19% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 6% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 55% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

64% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (54%). Respondents also select immigration (26%), education (25%), and taxation (22%).

A plurality (41%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. Just 17% expect a Conservative Party majority. A further 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government, and 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -23% this week, ten points up from last Sunday. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent (+3), and 43% find the Government incompetent (-7).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -3%, down one point from our poll last Thursday. Yesterday’s poll finds 34% disapproving of his overall job performance (+2), against 31% approving (+1). 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, down three points from Thursday last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-4), while 27% disapprove (-1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -10%, down one point since Thursday last week. Overall, 37% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+6), and 27% approve (+5). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (38%, +1) by three points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research