Latest GB Voting Intention (20 August 2023)

August 21, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 15%. Altogether, the full numbers are as follows:

Labour 42%
Conservative 27%
Liberal Democrat 13%
Reform UK 7%
Green 6%
Scottish National Party 3%
Other 1% 

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 13%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote.

54% of British voters cite the economy and healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election. Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (28%), and housing (23%).

34% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 21% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -24% this week. Altogether, 23% find the Government competent, while 47% find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -18%. Yesterday’s poll finds 29% approving of his overall job performance against 47% disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +12%. 39% approve of Starmer’s job performance, while 27% disapprove.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor, and 24% approve. 

And finally, Keir Starmer (40%) leads Rishi Sunak (33%) by seven points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research