Latest GB Voting Intention (2 July 2023)

July 3, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, unchanged from our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 25 June in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 46% (+2)
Conservative 28% (+2)
Liberal Democrat 11% (-2)
Reform UK 5% (-1)
Green 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 14%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 17% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 17% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 6% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 59% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

59% of British voters cite healthcare as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of the economy (58%). Respondents also select immigration (31%), education (26%), and housing (23%).

35% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 14% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 9% expect a Conservative-led minority Government, the lowest percentage to say they would expect an election held in the next six months to result in a Conservative Government since 6 November 2022

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -31% this week, down three points from last Sunday. Altogether, 18% find the Government competent (-2), while 49% find the Government incompetent (+1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -16%, five points down from our poll last Sunday, and the lowest net approval rating he has held since 26 February. Yesterday’s poll finds 26% approving of his overall job performance (-6) against 42% (-1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +7%, down two points from last week. 33% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-4), while 26% disapprove (-2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -12%, down two points from last Sunday. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-1), and 22% approve (-3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (38%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (34%, +1) by four points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research