Latest GB Voting Intention (19 November 2023)

November 20, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 19%, three points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 12 November in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (–)
Conservative 24% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 14% (+2)
Reform UK 7% (-1)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 17%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 16% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 2% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 84% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 51% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

59% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (58%). Respondents also select immigration (32%), education (24%), and housing (19%).

41% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 16% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 9% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -30% this week, up six points from last week. Altogether, 21% find the Government competent (+5), while 51% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -20%, down two points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 28% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 48% (+3) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +11%, up two points from last week. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+2), while 29% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -8%, up five points from his previous rating last week. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-1), and 26% approve (+4). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +2) leads Rishi Sunak (28%, -3) by fifteen points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research