Latest GB Voting Intention (18 June 2023)

June 19, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, six points up from our previous poll released on Monday last week, and the largest lead Labour has recorded over the Conservatives since 19 March. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 4 June in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 46% (+2)
Conservative 26% (-4)
Liberal Democrat 12% (-1)
Reform UK 7% (+1)
Green 6% (+2)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and only 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 88% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 51% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

56% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (52%). Respondents also select immigration (31%), education (27%), and housing (22%).

38% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -30% this week, down eight points from last Sunday, and the lowest net competency rating the Government has recorded since 23 April. Altogether, only 19% find the Government competent (-3), while 49% find the Government incompetent (+5).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -9%, unchanged from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% approving of his overall job performance (-2) against 39% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +12%, down one point from last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-2), while 26% disapprove (-1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, unchanged from last Sunday. Overall, 34% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-2), and 23% approve (-2). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (33%, –) by eight points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research