Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 17%, four points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 9 July in parentheses) are as follows:
Labour 44% (-4)
Conservative 27% (–)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+2)
Reform UK 8% (+3)
Green 4% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (–)
When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour.
Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 56% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.
57% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (55%). Respondents also select immigration (32%), education (24%), and housing (20%).
39% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government.
The Government’s net competency rating stands at -22% this week, up one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 24% find the Government competent (+1), while 46% find the Government incompetent (–).
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -14%, up two points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (+2) against 45% (–) disapproving.
Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +8%, down one point from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+1), while 29% disapprove (+2).
Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -12%, up three points from last Sunday. Overall, 38% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1), and 26% approve (+4).
And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (34%, +2) by nine points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.