Latest GB Voting Intention (15 October 2023)

October 16, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 14%, two points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 8 October in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (–)
Conservative 29% (+2)
Liberal Democrat 14% (+1)
Reform UK 7% (-1)
Green 4% (-2)
Scottish National Party 1% (–)
Other 2% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 12%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 57% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

57% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (53%). Respondents also select immigration (31%), education (27%), and housing (21%).

38% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -26% this week, up four points in two weeks. Altogether, 22% find the Government competent (+3), while 48% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -13%, up three points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (+1) against 44% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, down four points from last week. 34% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-4), while 28% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -15%, down four points from last Sunday. Overall, 40% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+5), and 25% approve (+1). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (32%, –) by 11 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research