Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 14%, two points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 7 May in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 42% (+1)
Conservative 28% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 11% (-5)
Reform UK 8% (+3)
Green 5% (+1)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 12%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 13% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 3% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 88% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 57% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

61% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (57%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (24%), housing (19%), and the environment (19%).

36% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 18% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 15% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -27% this week, seven points down from last Sunday. Altogether, 21% find the Government competent (-3), and 48% find the Government incompetent (+4).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -5%, up two points from our poll last Sunday, and the joint-highest net approval rating he has held since 3 January. Yesterday’s poll finds 33% approving of his overall job performance (–) against 38% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +2%, down eight points from last week, and the lowest net approval rating he has recorded since 25 September. 33% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-5), while 31% disapprove (+3).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, up two points since last Sunday. Overall, 33% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-5), and 26% approve (-3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (36%, +1) by five points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research