Latest GB Voting Intention (14 January 2024)

January 15, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 19%, three points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 7 January in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (+1)
Conservative 25% (-2)
Reform UK 11% (–)
Liberal Democrat 10% (–)
Green 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 16%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 17% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 5% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 50% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again. 15% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow, while 14% would vote for Labour.

58% of British voters cite the economy and healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election. Respondents also select immigration (35%), education (22%), and housing (21%).

41% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 15% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 8% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -28% this week. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent, while 48% find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -15%, unchanged from our previous poll. This week’s poll finds 29% approving of his overall job performance (-2) against 44% (-2) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +11%, down seven points from last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-6), while 27% disapprove (+1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, unchanged from our previous poll. Overall, 32% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-3) and 25% approve (-3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, -4) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, +1) by 10 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research