Latest GB Voting Intention (14 April 2024)

April 15, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 22%, one point less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 7 April in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 44% (–)
Conservative 22% (+1)
Reform UK 15% (–)
Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
Green 6% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (+1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 20%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 10% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 82% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again.

Only 42% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative againthe joint-lowest percentage we’ve recorded since Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister and just five points higher than the lowest percentage (37%) we’ve ever recorded (16 October 2022).

24% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK—a record high in our polling—18% would vote for Labour, and 7% would vote for other parties.

55% of respondents believe a Labour Party government will be the result of the next General Election. 24%, meanwhile, believe there will be a Conservative Party government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -36% (-4) this week. Altogether, 16% (-1) find the Government competent, while 52% (+3) find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -24%, down four points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 24% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 48% (+3) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, down three points from last week. 35% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-2), while 29% disapprove (+1).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, unchanged from our previous poll. Overall, 33% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-2) and 22% approve (-2).

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, -2) leads Rishi Sunak (29%, –) by 13 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research