Latest GB Voting Intention (13 October 2022)

October 13, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Liz Truss | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 29%, the same as in our most recent poll on Monday, and the joint largest lead we’ve ever recorded for any party. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 9 October in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 53% (-1)
Conservative 24% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+3)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Green 3% (-1)
Reform UK 2% (-1)
Other 3% (+2)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 24%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 17% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 22% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 91% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 47% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again

Yesterday’s polling sample has 49% of respondents saying they would be ‘certain to vote’ if there were to be a General Election tomorrow. Those who voted Labour in 2019 (61%) are more likely than those who voted Conservative (55%) to say they are ‘certain to vote.’

Prime Minister Liz Truss receives a net approval rating of -48%, down 6 points from our poll on Monday. Yesterday’s poll finds only 14% approving of her overall job performance (-2), against 62% disapproving (+4).

Among 2019 Conservative voters, a majority (58%) now disapprove of Liz Truss’s job performance as Prime Minister. Only 21% approve. Her net approval rating with 2019 Conservative voters stands at -37%, down 15 points since Monday’s poll.

Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng’s net approval rating stands at -39%, up 2 points since Monday.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +5%, up one point from Monday this week. 32% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 27% disapprove (-1).

And finally, Keir Starmer (48%, -1) leads Liz Truss (23%, –) by 25 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research