Latest GB Voting Intention (13 November 2022)

November 14, 2022
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 24%, three points higher as in our most recent poll on Thursday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 9-10 November in parentheses) are as follows: 

Labour 50% (+1)
Conservative 26% (-2)
Liberal Democrat 9% (-2)
Green 5% (+1)
Reform UK 4% (–)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 2% (+1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 20%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 14% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 15% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 91% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 54% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

67% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (59%). Respondents also select education (26%), immigration (24%), taxation (22%), and the environment (22%).

A plurality (41%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. Just 15% expect a Conservative Party majority. A further 13% expect a Conservative-led minority Government, and 11% expect a Labour-led minority Government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -33% this week, unchanged from last Sunday. Altogether, 17% find the Government competent (+1), and 50% find the Government incompetent (+1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -4%, down five points from our poll last Thursday and the first negative net approval rating for Sunak that we have recorded since he became Prime Minister. Yesterday’s poll finds 30% disapproving of his overall job performance (–), against 26% approving (-5). 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +10%, down six points from Thursday last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-4), while 26% disapprove (+2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, down eight points since Thursday last week. Overall, 30% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+5), and 23% approve (-3).

And finally, Keir Starmer (40%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (36%, -2) by four points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research