Latest GB Voting Intention (13 August 2023)

August 14, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%. Altogether, the full numbers are as follows:

Labour 48%
Conservative 28%
Liberal Democrat 10%
Reform UK 5%
Green 4%
Scottish National Party 4%
Other 0% 

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 12% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 12% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour.

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 58% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

55% of British voters cite the economy and healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election. Respondents also select immigration (29%), education (27%), and housing (20%).

36% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 12% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 21% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -20% this week. Altogether, 25% find the Government competent, while 45% find the Government incompetent.

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -9%. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance against 41% disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +13%. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance, while 27% disapprove.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -10%. Overall, 36% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor, and 26% approve. 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%) leads Rishi Sunak (33%) by ten points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research