Latest GB Voting Intention (12 November 2023)

November 13, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 16%, one point less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 5 November in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (-2)
Conservative 27% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 12% (+1)
Reform UK 8% (-1)
Green 6% (+2)
Scottish National Party 3% (+1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 14%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 13% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 15% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 5% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 84% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 53% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (56%). Respondents also select immigration (33%), education (23%), and housing (21%).

40% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 13% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 13% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -36% this week, down ten points from two weeks ago. Altogether, 16% find the Government competent (-6), while 52% find the Government incompetent (+4).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -18%, down two points from our poll last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 27% approving of his overall job performance (-3) against 45% (-1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, down one from last week. 38% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-1), while 29% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -13%, up one point from his previous rating last week. Overall, 35% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-2), and 22% approve (-1). 

Prior to her sacking this morning, Suella Braverman has recorded a final net approval rating of -25%. 45% disapprove of Braverman’s performance as Home Secretary (+5), while just 20% approve of her job performance (–). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (41%, -1) leads Rishi Sunak (31%, –) by ten points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research