Latest GB Voting Intention (12 February 2023)

February 13, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Jeremy Hunt | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 21%, five points less than in our most recent poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 5 February in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 48% (-2)
Conservative 27% (+3)
Liberal Democrat 9% (-1)
Reform UK 6% (–)
Green 5% (–)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Other 1% (-1)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 19%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 14% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 16% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 5% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 87% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 54% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

64% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (58%). Respondents also select immigration (26%), education (22%), and taxation (19%).

A plurality (41%) of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 10% expect a Labour-led minority Government. Just 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 9% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -32% this week, up six points from last Sunday. Altogether, 18% find the Government competent (+5), and 50% find the Government incompetent (-1).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -16%, up four points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 28% approving of his overall job performance (+4) against 44% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +9%, up three points from last week. 37% approve of Starmer’s job performance (+3), while 28% disapprove (–).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -14%, up two points since last Sunday. Overall, 38% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+1), and 24% approve (+3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (40%, -1) leads Rishi Sunak (34%, +2) by six points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research