Latest GB Voting Intention (11 June 2023)

June 12, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 14%, unchanged from our previous poll released on Monday last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with the changes from 4 June in parentheses) are as follows:

Labour 44% (–)
Conservative 30% (–)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+1)
Reform UK 6% (+1)
Green 4% (-1)
Scottish National Party 3% (–)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 13%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and only 1% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 89% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 60% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

59% of British voters cite the economy as one of the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, with the same number of voters also choosing healthcare (59%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (26%), and housing (20%).

36% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 18% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 12% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -22% this week, up one point from last Sunday. Altogether, 22% find the Government competent (-1), and 44% find the Government incompetent (-2).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -9%, unchanged from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 32% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 41% (-1) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +13%, up four points from last week, and the highest net approval rating he has recorded since 26 February. 40% approve of Starmer’s job performance (–), while 27% disapprove (-4).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, unchanged from last Sunday. Overall, 36% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-3), and 25% approve (-3). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, +1) leads Rishi Sunak (33%, -4) by ten points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment, his largest lead over Sunak since Sunak became Prime Minister in October.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research