Latest GB Voting Intention (10 September 2023)

September 11, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 20%, four points higher than last week. Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 3 September in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 45% (+1)
Conservative 25% (-3)
Liberal Democrat 12% (-2)
Reform UK 6% (–)
Green 6% (+2)
Scottish National Party 4% (+1)
Other 1% (–)

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 18%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 15% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 19% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 86% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while 53% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again.

60% of British voters cite healthcare as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of the economy (56%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (29%), housing (23%), and the environment (20%).

37% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 12% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 15% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 10% expect a Conservative-led minority Government.

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -39% this week, down 18 points from last Sunday. Altogether, just 15% find the Government competent (-8), while 54% find the Government incompetent (+10).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -21%, down nine points from our poll last Sunday. Yesterday’s poll finds 25% approving of his overall job performance (-6) against 46% (+3) disapproving.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -16%, down eight points from last Sunday. Overall, 36% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (+2), and 20% approve (-6). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (43%, -3) leads Rishi Sunak (28%, -1) by 15 points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research