Latest GB Voting Intention (10 March 2024)

March 11, 2024
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, two points less than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 3 March in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 42% (-1)
Conservative 24% (+1)
Reform UK 14% (+1)
Liberal Democrat 12% (+2)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (-1)

83% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 45% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again, the second-lowest percentage we’ve recorded since Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister.

21% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow—a joint-record high in our polling—while 17% would vote for Labour.

51% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (47%). Respondents also select immigration (30%), education (22%), and housing (20%).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -19%, up three points from last week’s poll. This week’s poll finds 25% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 44% (-4) disapproving.

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +8%, up six points from last week. 34% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-2), while 26% disapprove (-8).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -7%, up three points from our previous poll. Overall, 29% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (-5) and 22% approve (-2).

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research