Latest GB Voting Intention (10 December 2023)

December 11, 2023
R&WS Research Team
Approval Rating | Conservative Party | GB Politics | Keir Starmer | Labour Party | Rishi Sunak | UK Elections | Voting Intention

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research

Redfield & Wilton Strategies’ latest national Westminster voting intention poll in Great Britain finds the Labour Party leading by 18%, two points more than in our previous poll released on Monday last week

The Conservatives have now trailed Labour in every Westminster Voting Intention poll we have conducted in Great Britain for more than two years, having last held a lead over Labour on 6 December 2021.

Altogether, the full numbers (with changes from 3 December in parenthesis) are as follows:

Labour 43% (+1)
Conservative 25% (-1)
Liberal Democrat 13% (+1)
Reform UK 11% (+1)
Green 5% (-1)
Scottish National Party 2% (-1)
Other 1% (+1)

 

When those who say they do not know how they would vote in a General Election are included, the Labour Party leads by 15%. After weighting by likelihood to vote, 11% of the sample say they do not know how they would vote, including 14% of those who voted Conservative in December 2019 and 4% of those who voted Labour. 

Altogether, 85% of those who voted Labour in the last General Election say they would vote Labour again, while only 52% of those who voted Conservative in 2019 say they would vote Conservative again. 15% of 2019 Conservative voters now say they would vote for Reform UK if a General Election were held tomorrow, and a further 13% would vote for Labour.

56% of British voters cite the economy as among the three most important issues that would determine how they would vote in a General Election, ahead of healthcare (53%). Respondents also select immigration (35%), education (21%), and housing (18%).

38% of respondents believe a Labour Party majority would be the most likely outcome if a General Election were held in the next six months. A further 14% expect a Labour-led minority Government. 17% expect a Conservative Party majority, while another 11% expect a Conservative-led minority Government. 

The Government’s net competency rating stands at -30% this week, down three points from last week. Altogether, 20% find the Government competent (-1), while 50% find the Government incompetent (+2).

Prime Minister Rishi Sunak receives a net approval rating of -15%, down one point from last Sunday. This week’s poll finds 31% approving of his overall job performance (-1) against 46% (–) disapproving. 

Labour leader Keir Starmer’s net approval rating stands at +6%, down one point from last week. 36% approve of Starmer’s job performance (-3), while 30% disapprove (-2).

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt’s net approval rating stands at -11%, unchanged from last week. Overall, 39% disapprove of Hunt’s performance as Chancellor (–) and 28% approve (–). 

And finally, Keir Starmer (42%, –) leads Rishi Sunak (30%, -1) by twelve points on who would be the better Prime Minister at this moment.

To find out more information about this research contact our research team. Redfield & Wilton Strategies is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules. Follow us on Twitter

Share this research:

Our Most Recent Research